Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Scallop Circles & Initial Monograms! (HTV)

So lets go back to some good ole' fun HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl). I thought today would be a great day to finally execute some of the many many designs I've ruffled up in my silhouette studio! I am always making up designs in the software and rarely cutting them! But finally I found time and cut some thanks to my break in-between semesters from school! Okay so lets talk about HTV (heat transfer Vinyl) first so you understand what we're using, HTV is used all over when you go shopping at wal-mart, the mall, target you'll find many many shirts used with HTV. HTV is made to last, it stays on wonderfully through washes and all, and never fades in color!!! (that's my favorite part!) So HTV is usually applied via a heat press, or some people who do not own a heat press (like me) can use an iron, but it's a lot of work! Okay, not really... haha, you just have to press really really hard with the iron onto the shirt with a thin sheet in-between the product and the iron, I press so hard my arms get sore! hehe. Okay so I did 2 shirts for my darling, Sophia. Here they go!


So for the top photo, there is 1 large scallop, an inner "sliver" and a filled circle with an S cut out for sophia! Then I added her name in black on top, this is on a T-shirt, sorry I took close up shots! The bottom is a simple scallop in pink with dashes in green and a black S for Sophia, again, hehe. That is placed on one of her night time tanks. So I love the way these came out they make me so happy! hehe, I love that I have the awesome Silhouette Cameo that allows me to make my daughter some awesome shirts! I also have an embroidery machine but after I got my cameo (which also cuts fabric) I have not touched it. I take pride in my work!!! WOO_HOO for the cameo & The silhouette group that is always there when you have a question! 

You can find this for purchase at my etsy store: 
For the top picture product: click here!
and for the one with dashes (lower photo): click here!

So that is what I have for yall today! I hope you enjoyed it! Remember if you have any questions or anything please leave a comment below!! Thank you! <3

9 comments:

VictoriaG said...

Maria, I've been wanting to try the HTV but am so lacking in arm/upper body strength it's pathetic :(
I would love a heat press...would be fabulous, maybe someday!
Keep up the blog, I love the visits :)
~Victoria from ATS group!

starstruck_texan said...

Thanks for posting all the cute ideas. I always love seeing what you come up with. :-) Craft away my friend, Craft away!

Rebecca In MI said...

I have learned so much from you! You do such cute stuff and you share so freely with your knowledge! Thanks for being you!

Becky Houghten said...

I just love the thing you make. You are so creative and have such cute ideas. And thank you for sharing yourself, your knowledge on the silhouette group. I have learned so much from you!

kelly13615 said...

Love all your work and designs you come up with - so, so cute : )

kimslaguna said...

You have just convinced me to try HTV, but I know deep down its not gonna be anywhere as pretty as yours is.

Kristy said...

Those are so cute!! Do you have a heat press to do those? It's on my wish list!

Danni said...

Adorable! Great job, Maria! Maybe one day when I slow down with sewing and vinyl, I can try my hand at HTV. :)

R Pattison said...

I'm feeling inspired :-)

Post a Comment