Friday, May 4, 2012

Nurse Tumblers

Okay so my husband works in a clinic with a bunch of Nurses and I know nurses week is next week so I thought what would be a great thing to give? I then turned to my crafting room looking all around for inspiration and with a little help from my allthingsSILHOUETTE group I decided to do some tumblers with nurse images on one side and the name on the other. Embellished with some stethoscopes! It was kind of hard because I needed to get at least 1 done and ran out of beige along with some other colors, so I used white for the Nurse, but i'm sure when I get my beige in the mail they'll look more accurate! But with all that said, here is a preview of what I came up with.



So there's the front and back of the tumbler, I added polka dot embellishments all the way around to match the color of the scrubs worn by the nurse. For the back I put the name in Sunshine poppy font, It's a huge hit, a lot of people always turn to this font when they are looking at a page of 50+ fonts, So I always know this font will be popular. Now i'm sure you've probably gone googling for this file, and trust me it's almost impossible to find, that's why I will provide you a download so you can get this nurse file yourself and start working up some awesome things yourself! If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments section, I will be sure to answer them all!

Remember download nurses file here: all for you

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!!
Pink & Lemon Designs

16 comments:

Nancy4004 said...

Maria, you did a great job on this and I just want to thank you for your generosity in sharing this file. It is much appreciated along with all the other info you share with others. Hope you have a great day!

Pink and Lemon said...

you're very welcome, Nancy. I like sharing files because I know how everyone could benefit from it! Hope you enjoy the file and make awesome things, don't forget to "follow" my blog there will be many more files to come!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the file...it's great! I have been looking for a cute nurse for my daughter! One question...Do you seperate the pieces to cut on vinyl? if so, how did you line them back up to layer them. Did you use register marks and just keep in place and take off the cut lines for the colors you are not cutting at that time?

I'm a new follower and would love if you would follow my new crafting blog too. I did my first post yesterday and have no followers...so sad! LOL

Pink and Lemon said...

Hi Christine, Okay so here's the deal you separate all the layers by color that you will be using (vinyl) then you cut them all separately according to color, her body, beige, hair brown, etc. Then you layer her together and place her on the cup or whatever you will be using. No registration marks needed it's a matter of eyeballing kind of.. but it's really not as hard as it looks. VERY easy, my first layer project. Let me know if this makes sense, and if not I'll try to word it better, I'll certainly follow your blog! <3

Leisha said...

Hey Maria, coming over from the FB group. I looove this design!! As a nurse myself, I hope to gift this to some coworkers soon. Thank you so much for sharing it! :)

One question...do you use clear transfer tape to layer these? I use transfer paper, do you think I'd be able to see well enough to layer like this?

Monica said...

Super cute tumbler! Love the nurse! You did an amazing job!

Pink and Lemon said...

@leisha, Hi and thanks for coming to my blog! i only have transfer paper at the time & could not see through well enough to even layer, So I did the hardest thing I layered piece be piece with my hands... lol It was indeed tough and I definitely need to invest in some clear transfer tape it seems to be the best option.

@monica, thank you so much!!

Brandy said...

You did a great job! Love your blog! You're right, can't find this nurses file ANY-WHERE! Lol. So I really appreciate that you put it on your blog. Question, what system do you have to have to get the file? Typically I can use my SCAL for an Svg file, but this one has truly stumped me. I hope you can answer because I wanted to make it for my favorite Ob-Gyn nurse. She's super sweet and I wanted her to show this off in her office to let everyone know she's special.

teresaj said...

I love this file and have been hunting it everywhere but I don't use studio I use Scal and need it in an SVG file. Can anyone help me please. Thanks.
Teresa
082@bellsouth.net

Pink and Lemon said...

Hello Brandy & Teresa,

Sorry about my absence (refer to latest blog post on that). I do have the file, not sure if it's SVG format but I am sure I can get it switched over, Please let me know when you receive this response so I can start working on that for you.

- Maria Perez

jdf607 said...

It says that the file is corrupt. Is there anyway you could upload it as a pdf document?

jdf607 said...

Or an SVG file?

Unknown said...

I can't get the file to load in dropbox. Is it still available and if so could you email it to rgnthompson@yahoo.com

Buddy Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Buddy Smith said...

Hi is there anyway you can provide this file as an svg? Thanks much

Unknown said...

This is amazing!! I would love to make this and give it to a nurse! It will not let me open it. Do you happen to have this file as a SVG? If you did that would be so awesome! Please let me know! Thank you!

Post a Comment