Saturday, April 28, 2012

Splitting Letters

Hey yall, so I learned something awesome with my cameo software! A nice little project that would be awesome for any wedding gift, anniversary gift, or gift for any occasion. So to let you know what I am talking about here's a picture of a split letter design I made for a friend who was recently married. I used HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl) to apply it to a pillow case.



So this is actually SO simple to do. I chose to use their last name with 'established 2011' on the bottom for their wedding year, you can change this up anyway you'd like and use first names or whatever it may be! Now, I know you can buy this font 'pre-split' for $5, but as for me, I chose to split it myself and it's so easy I saved myself $5! SCORE for a frugal mommy! I have a video tutorial on how to do this in the Silhouette Studio Software. I'll provide the link for the video here (click me) trust me when I say it's very easy! Tell me what you think and if you have any questions leave a comment! I'm sure you will all have wonderful creations with this. Also whenever you learn this split method, you can split any picture/file you have to add a name in the center if you'd like, very cool. 


Don't forget if you have a Cameo/SD come join my group on FB, we have over 2,000 members and questions NEVER go unanswered, people from all over the world. Lots of sharing, questions being answered and good positive feedback! Click here to join in on the fun!

8 comments:

Paula said...

Super cute, Maris!

Pink and Lemon said...

Thanks Paula! I need to make some more, but having problems finding blank couch pillow cases lately! hehe

AmnerisPink (DopeDivas) said...

Love it <3

Tiffany said...

I love it..I looked for the font and cant find it.

Pink and Lemon said...

@tiffany, the font is Regal http://www.fontspace.com/aldus/regal Hope this helps!

Jess Blumberg said...

You apply while the pillow is not in the case, I assume right?

Pink and Lemon said...

yes, @jess, I took the case off first.

Janis LU said...

Hi Maria, I tried clicking the link to the FB page you provided above. How do I join the group?

Thanks Janis LU janislu@msn.com

Post a Comment